Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Prestige - My Review




IMDB Link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482571/

So My Wife and I went Friday night to see "The Prestige". I am a big fan of Christopher Nolan (Memento, Batman Begins) I think his movies are very creative and for the most part are unpredictable. I am also starting to like Christian Bale a lot more, he has had a string of really good roles ( The Machinist, Batman Begins and started his career in Swing Kids). Overall the cast really shines for this movie (Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansen, and Michael Caine round out the cast)

"The Prestige" is about two magicians who have a rivalry after an accident on an illusion kills Hugh Jackman's character's wife. The movie is a little hard to follow as it moves around from present day to the magician's pasts. However, the movie is very creative and keeps you engaged many illusions are show and it is very interesting to try and find out how they are done. David Bowie makes a great cameo as the inventor of Tesla technology. I am not going to talk too much about the plot but the movie was a lot of fun even though i was able to predict the ending.

I would give it a 7.5 out of 10.

No comments: